Cold Laser Therapy Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) Codes
There are currently no CPT (Current Procedural Terminology) Codes for Cold Laser Therapy or Low-level Laser Therapy (LLLT). Listed below are the codes currently being used for insurance reimbursement.
- Attended photonic simulation 97026
- Attended infrared light therapy 97026
- Attended infrared therapy 97026—22
- Acupuncture Modality 97901
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation 97799 requires documentation, fees negotiated
- Unlisted Therapeutic Procedure 97139
- 97139 doctor must have one-on-one contact with the patient. The code is unlisted for procedure and is more likely to be closely reviewed by an insurance provider.
- 97112 Neuromuscular Re-Education and Gait Training (movement, balance, coordination, kinesthetic sense, posture, and proprioception for sitting or standing activities); constant attendance 15 minutes each.
- Laser Photonic Stimulation FDA-Cleared 97032
- Attended Electrical Stimulation; manual; one or more regions; each 15 minutes 97032
- Electrical-Photonic Stimulation Attended 97032
- Electrotherapy/IR Attended 97032
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation; attendance required unlisted modality for 15 minutes 97039
- Infrared 97026
- Photonic simulation attended 97026
- Infrared light therapy attended 97026
- Infrared therapy attended 97026–22
Practitioner Additional Links
Recommended Lasers for Practitoner Use